Details:Name Dr Nathan Gilbert Email email@example.com Categories Conference / workshop , DCAMP event
New Perspectives on Cicero’s Philosophy
The ethical and political issues treated in Cicero’s major philosophical writings have been a topic of lively interest in modern scholarship. With funding from the Matariki Network, from the University of Durham, and from Dartmouth College, this conference brings together an international group of scholars who are actively working on Cicero’s ethical and political thought.
- Jed Atkins: Cicero on the Justice of War
- Nathan Gilbert: Cicero against Lucretius De morte
- Margaret Graver: The psychology of honor in Cicero’s De Re Publica
- Sean McConnell: Old Men in Cicero’s Political Philosophy
- Geert Roskam: Nos in diem vivimus: Cicero’s approach in the Tusculan disputations
- Katharina Volk: Towards a Definition of Sapientia: Philosophy in Cicero’s Pro Marcello
- Georgina White: Skepticism and Fiction in the Academica
- Raphael Woolf: Cicero on Rhetoric and Dialectic
- James Zetzel: Cicero’s Platonic Dialogues
The organisers are Dr Nathan Gilbert (Durham) and Prof. Margaret Graver (Dartmouth).